I've missed this place…. but I assure you I have some darn good excuses for being gone so long 😉 Unpacking and cleaning an entire house while taking care of 3 sick kids….. oh last week was a l-o-n-g one…… let's not even talk about the heat yet! The good news however is that when a stomach virus rolls through a house with no appliances, a brand new washer and dryer get purchased pretty quickly! And I am so excited to have a set of blue front loading machines in my laundry room! Why blue you might ask? Because they were discounted $200 each. So blue became our first choice rather quickly. Love them 🙂
We are still getting settled and organized…. I am sure it will take some time to get completely settled in….. and we're making a huge to-do list of renovation projects…. all of which I will share here as they happen, just for fun!
But back to the road trip for a bit, I've been keeping a mental list of some funny little road trip tidbits…
1. When leaving Wisconsin Miss 6 stated "Well, I guess we're homeless now, I mean we do live in our car right?"
2. When driving through Mississippi, Miss 10 spelled it forwards…… backwards….. and then "said" it backwards…… which resulted in a gasp and then much laughing between the two of us…… oopsie 🙂
3. Note to self….. camping with the cat proved to be easier than camping with a 2 year old….. who knew?!?
4. How many people can sleep in a 1976 VW bus? The answer to that is….. during a thunderstorm the big kids from the tent will pile into the bus making the final tally 6 people, one dog and one cat. Don't even ask me where we put them all…. It was 2 a.m. and I forgot. But the next morning there were kids and animals everywhere.
5. Always travel with your own coffee and good chocolate, even when it melts, it makes the day long driving craziness so much more enjoyable 🙂
6. 1,471 miles of listening to the soundtrack of Pete's Dragon is a lot. The girls & I now know every word to every song….. but the wee man was rather insistent on not changing the CD…. and since compromising isn't his strong point…… he won!
7. Miss 6 asked "are we to our campground yet" at least 72 times. I know this because Miss 10 and I started counting after the first day.
8. "If you hear the sirens go off, there's a tornado and y'all need to get your family into the bathrooms" our KOA campground host told us as we arrived, just near Memphis, Tennessee. Oh dear. Dorothy? Toto? Here we come…… (thankfully we did not hear any sirens…. phew!!)
and lastly, because this is the Daddo's favorite…….
9. After driving for 4 hours (on the third day of the trip) Miss 10 decided to check off e-v-e-r-y s-i-n-g-l-e m-i-l-e m-a-r-k-e-r on her map. Somehow this made the last hour and a half of the trip that day seem very, very long. (and it still makes the mama giggle!)
Thanks for sticking around during my absence. Coming up in the next few days is a bug post….. oh my do they have some bugs down here in the south. Thankfully, the great people here make up for the heat and creepy crawlies. The folks we've met so far have been so nice. I've truly never felt more welcomed 🙂